The Tuvalu Fisheries Department (TFD), implementing the New Zealand funded Tuvalu Fisheries Support Programme Phase 2 (TFSP2), is seeking quotations from suitably qualified and experienced consultants to advise on Human Resource Development for the Department. Details are provided in the Terms of Reference.
Timing and delivery
It is expected that inputs of around 30-35 working days will be required, over one or, at most, two visits to Tuvalu. It is expected that an international consultant will be required, but proposals that involve a national consultant in a support role will be considered favourably.
Requirements (qualifications and experience)
Proposals will be assessed against the following criteria by the senior management committee of the TFD:
- Relevant qualifications and experience for providing advice and recommendations on human resource development in the Fisheries sector;
- Experience of assessing training needs for staff of Fisheries agencies in the Pacific region;
- Experience of reviewing the staffing structure and job descriptions against the key functional responsibilities of an organisation;
- Value for money.
Submission of proposals
Interested consultants should submit the following information in support of their proposal:
- Confirmation of the dates on which they will be available;
- A brief proposal addressing the requirements listed above and an outline of the methodology they will use to approach the assignment;
- A brief curriculum vitae of the consultant(s);
- A cost estimate providing fees (daily rate and total) and any incidental costs. A lump sum contract in Australian Dollars, with payment based on deliverables, is preferred.
Proposals should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should reach him by 5.00 p.m. local time (in Tuvalu) on Tuesday 28th February 2023. Any questions on the proposed consultancy can be sent to the same email address and will be answered within 3 working days.
This request for proposals should not be construed as an offer to any consultant contacted. TFD reserves the right to reject any or all proposals, and to negotiate with any bidder if the original proposal is not acceptable.