The Tuvalu Fisheries Department (TFD), implementing the New Zealand-funded Tuvalu Fisheries Support Programme Phase 2 (TFSP2), is seeking quotations from suitably qualified and experienced consultants to advise on the condition and maintenance of two small GRP vessels operated by the Department. Details for the Terms of Reference for technical assistance can be downloaded here, Terms of Reference for Technical Assistance
Timing and delivery
It is expected that inputs of around 15-20 working days will be required, over one visit to Tuvalu. It is expected that an international consultant will be required, working closely with relevant staff of the Department.
Requirements (qualifications and experience)
Proposals will be assessed against the following criteria by the senior management committee of the TFD:
- Relevant qualifications and experience in marine engineering and vessel survey;
- Experience in assessing the condition of small vessels (15-20 meters overall length) operating in the Pacific Islands regions;
- Experience in planning repairs and maintenance – both for immediate repair requirements and putting in place a long term maintenance plan and facilities to ensure reliable and safe operations;
- Value for money.
Submission of proposals
Interested consultants should submit the following information in support of their proposal:
- Confirmation of the dates on which they will be available;
- A brief proposal addressing the requirements listed above and an outline of the methodology they will use to approach the assignment;
- A brief curriculum vitae of the consultant(s);
- A cost estimate providing fees (daily rate and total) and any incidental costs. A lump sum contract in Australian Dollars, with payment based on deliverables, is preferred.
Proposals should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should reach him by 5.00 p.m. local time (in Tuvalu) on Wednesday 15th February 2023. Any questions on the proposed consultancy can be sent to the same email address and will be answered within 3 working days.
This request for proposals should not be construed as an offer to any consultant contacted. TFD reserves the right to reject any or all proposals, and to negotiate with any bidder if the original proposal is not acceptable.