The Parties to the Nauru Agreement (PNA) invites applications from exceptional candidates to fill the vital role of CEO of the PNA Office. The successful candidate will have superior and relevant skills and qualifications, with extensive senior management and financial management experience, a focus on good governance, and the ability to run the office in a business-like manner.
The CEO reports to the Parties through a complex governance structure that includes senior officials, Ministers, and country leaders. The CEO is responsible for leading and directing the PNA Office to deliver on the PNA Strategic Plan and the PNA Office Business Plan in accordance with principles of good governance.
· Administer the PNA Office in a business-like manner with a strong emphasis on financial control and providing high level support to the Parties so they can achieve their objectives
· Participate as a member at meetings of the PNA providing high level advice and guidance to Parties, including the Chair, Senior Officials, Ministers and Leaders
· Develop and obtain agreement to:
· plans for commercial opportunities and investments
· strategic and business plans
· annual operating budget and work programmes
· policies, procedures, and legislation
· Oversee the implementation of the Vessel Day Scheme, the FSM Arrangement, the PNA Observer Agency (POA), the Pacifical Program, and MSC accreditations
· Ensure the PNA Office operates in a cost-effective manner
· Build and maintain external relationships with government and private enterprise organisations
· Build and maintain relationships with the Forum Fisheries Agencies (FFA), the Pacific Community (SPC), and the Western Central Pacific Fisheries Commission (WCPFC)
· Ensure effective collaboration and cooperation in the establishment and ongoing operations of FIMS Inc
· Answerable to PNA meetings and is directly responsible for organising meetings and progressing directions and decisions of meetings
· Implementation of the PNA Office annual budget and workplan.
· Tertiary qualification in fisheries science, fisheries economics, fisheries law, fisheries management, business management, commerce or other relevant discipline, with a relevant post graduate qualification preferred
· Minimum 10 years’ experience in senior management positions with proven hands-on leadership, financial management, administration, and human resource management, with extensive knowledge of the tuna industry
· Extensive experience in formulation of budgets and plans including extensive knowledge and experience in project management
· Experience and ability to communicate effectively with public and private sector leaders
· Demonstrated commitment to ethical business practices, fraud prevention, and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination
· Ability to manage and work well in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams with good analytical skills
· Ability to adapt to change with commitment and personal accountability
· Appropriate and relevant professional and technical expertise, including staying abreast of professional changes and development.
The successful applicant will be based in Majuro, Marshall Islands and will be offered a three-year contract with an attractive benefits package including tax free base salary, superannuation, relocation, travel, accommodation, and education allowances. A further contract of up to three years may be offered subject to satisfactory performance.
It is the stated preference of the Parties to appoint a citizen from one of the eight PNA countries or Tokelau, however, the position is merit based and other citizens may apply.
Please visit the PNA website: http://www.vanguardpng.com/current_vacancies.php
Follow the website instructions and forward the completed application form to Vanguard International highlighting;
(i) your capabilities and experiences against the position essential requirements
(ii) an updated CV
(iii) name, relevant position, telephone, and email details for three current referees
(iv) current Police clearance
If you have any questions, please call PNA office on (+675) 7500 7500 or email us with the title “PNA Office Chief Executive Officer” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close COB Friday 24th July 2020
Incomplete and late applications may be deemed invalid and excluded from consideration.
Only applicants called for interview by the Parties will be contacted.